Want to learn the secrets that the tour pros use?
Want to be able to prepare yourself better for tournaments and make smarter decisions on court?
Want to learn how to improve your training routine to develop your game to another level?
This Intensive Training Camp is a 5-day structured training program from December 18th to 22nd (12:30p PM – 5:30 PM each day) we offer to tournament standard players. The program has a restricted number of vacancies, and provides the perfect opportunity for aspiring touring pros to taste what it is like to train full time with a world class high performance coach in a professional environment.
Dr. Stephen Parr
PhD, M.Sc, CSCS
Level 3 High Performance Coach
Train Like The Pros, with High Performance Coach Dr Steve Parr, in a 5 day intensive training camp specifically for tournament level players.
OPEN TO ADULTS AND JUNIORS
– World Class High Performance Specialist with over 35 years Coaching Experience
– Worked with Professional Tour and ITF Players including Olga Barabanschikova (WTA 49)
– Career High Singles Ranking of 380
– Trained, lectured or consulted for many professional athletes, teams and organisations including Tennis Australia, The Victorian Institute of Sport, The Northern Inland Academy of Sport, The Australian Coaching Council, Physical Education New Zealand (PENZ), NSW and Qld Netball, NSW Rugby, NSW Track & Field, Australian Fitness Network and Network New Zealand, and the elite athlete program at John Paul College Brisbane.
– Produced 8 x video productions and authored 3 x books on athletic performance.
– Worked with athletes at all levels and ages in a large range of sports, and has invented a range of equipment that is now used globally to enhance the physical training of athletes.
– Involved in the development of a gross motor skill acquisition program for the Tennis Professionals Association for the introduction into the Schools K-6 curriculum.
– Consulted to Physical Education New Zealand (PENZ) for the development of a movement based skill acquisition program for their Physical Education curriculum.
Players will participate in 25 hours of intensive structured training and tuition jammed into a five day period at the 5-Star Sanctuary Cove Resort on the Gold Coast. They will be involved in high-level drilling, point and match play to develop their technical and tactical skills. We provide sports psychology and nutrition sessions, along with tournament planning and strategy to prepare the player as they advance to the pro level.
Players will also undertake and learn specific tennis conditioning routines, movement techniques and strategies used for playing professional level tennis on different court surfaces, and develop singles and doubles match tactical awareness. The Intensive Training Camp will utilise video analysis for biomechanical evaluation and match statistics, which will be discussed with all players involved in the camp.
This Intensive Tennis Training Camp Is: